Hmmm, something trashed my database file. Thank heaven for daily automatic
Today i started working on a frames based concept for my pages. The good news: frames certainly make the site look more appealing and easier to
browse. The even better news: You will be able to choose between frames and no-frames. My semi-finished frames design is available for those
who want to try it for flaws at NEW ART.
added Battlespire version 1.3 1118K * now detects available memeory based on physical RAM & swap file space
* fixes "Error: Could not initialize VESA 15 bit 640x480 mode"
* fixes crash during dialog with a vermai
* fixes other random crashes
* adds support for users without any soundcard
* fixes catapult misdirectioning
* added 3 new multiplayer deathmatch level
* added kills tally for multiplayer
added Demonworld version 1.20 1274K This is a german release. I haven't seen anyone pick up the international
rights yet - unfortunately since it seems to be a very good hexbased wargame.
* adds full saving in hexagonal mode with ability to reload during campaign
* objects found during a hero mission will be included in a campaign
* a couple of design & cosmetic changes
* game stability improved
added Quake II version 3.06144K * fixes bugs in multiplayer
added Twisted Metal II revision 971124 1084K * optimizes memory usage of the game
changes december, 10th
I fixed a major bug in my html generating script today which should have rendered
people unable to download files from my PC/Mac/Amiga pages. I don't know why
anyone was ever able to download a single file. If Netscape/Microsoft would
clearly follow the rules set by the W3 consortium you shouldn't have been
able to. Strange, indeed. A big thankyou goes to Frans P. de Vries for pointing
this out to me. Also thanks to Andreas Kuerzinger for sending me a list
of downloadable patches for Amiga games - i will have them added soon.
Just for the record:
1348 PC patches are listed now
164 Mac patches are listed now
10 Amiga patches are listed now (soon about 100% more)
added Advanced Civilization version 1.1 541K
added International Rally Championship version 4.63230K
added Interstate '76 version 1.083 4763K This patch brings support for Direct3D compatible cards (e.g. Matrox Mystique, 3DFX, Rendition)
and returns force feedback support to those users already using version 1.081 beta.
added ManxTTmodemplay fix471K This patch came originally with a japanese installer, but the files
apply for any release - so don't worry if you got the file from Operation 3DFX
or Adrenaline Vault and wondered what to do with it. It fixes
problems users were experiencing in modemplay.
added beta 4 of Myth: The Fallen Lords version 1.11053K
added Screamer II3D support for Matrox Mystique386K This patch adds 3D support (as seen in Screamer Rally by now) to Screamer II
and should work in for localized versions as well (e.g. "Bleifuss II").
added Virtua Fighter IIDirect3D upgrade802K Adds support for 3D cards compatible with Direct3D. It should look very
much like the old arcade version by now.
changes december, 8th
I did a little browser testing today while i was waiting for my uploads
to cdrom.com to be done.
Here are the results:
All browsers were set to defaults , only caching was turned off.
Screen resolution was set to 1024x768 as was requested on my page.
* Netscape 3 :
- Awfully big fonts per default, needs to be reduced quite a bit
- red border around logo
- every page loads successfully
- Java applets etc. work
- building up pages is a bit slow and seems to hang sometimes...
* Internet Explorer 3 :
- Fonts appear to be smaller, but this has to be an optical trick
- red borner around logo
- crashs/locks up when trying to list full listing of all PC patches
- very slow in loading pages
* Opera 3.0 (beta 9) :
- Fonts appear to be smaller than in Netscape 3
- red border around logo
- loads up pages very fast
- every page loads successfully
- Java applets do not seem to work
- tables have the wrong size, some colours are wrong
* Netscape 4 :
- same look & feel as with Netscape 3
- seemed to be a lot slower than Netscape 3 when loading pages.
- red border around logo
- pages load succuessfully, Java works
* Internet Explorer 4 :
Who at Microsoft had the glorious idea that you need Administrator
Priviledges to install IE4?! Not enough that you couldn't download the full
version from any page, i couldn't even install it on my NT machine.
I have only NT or Unix machines to access the Internet, so i won't be able
to test IE4 - and i don't feel like i want to anymore...
* NCSA Mosaic
- colours are off, no support for JPEG
- No Frames, no Tables
- everything looks wrong, only what's new page is useable
- very good for a quick look on what's new
- limited tables support in Lynx 2.6 and later
- not useful if i'm going to use Frames soon
* other browsers
I just don't recommend them - try to upgrade or choose one of the
still supported browsers available on the market.
Netscape 3.0 or higher still seems to be the browser of choice when
accessing the web (and only the web, it is really a crappy programm once
you want to use archie or ftp or even gopher!), but once the guys creating
Opera have sorted out the bugs it is definitely a browser to switch to.
I'll probably make it my recommended browser once a Linux version is
available - there can't be anything more unstable than Netscape 3 (except
Netscape 4), it crashes almost on an hourly basis for me -> that means
24 times a day or worse. Oh, and i need to redo my logo... :)
added Ultimate Raceversion 1.5356K This fix is only intended for bundles shipping with Gateway 2000 computers, Matrox m3D or Apocalypse 3Dx bundles.
new in this version:
. DirectX 5.0 enhanced
. AGP compatible
. Riva 128 compatibility
. Diamond Viper 330 compatibility
. New memory management, to reduce the swapping in 16mb machine
changes december, 7th
First part of my update to my Game Companies list
is done. This one only features removals while the second part will
feature new additions and fixes to links.
- American Laser Games
- Bloodlust Software
- Dark Unicorn Productions
- Data East
- Digi4Fun & Digi4Fun Lichtenstein
- GTE Entertainment
- Hipnotic Interactive
- Magnet Interactive Group, Inc.
- ReadySoft Inc.
- 7th Level
- VictorMaxx Technologies, Inc.
I decided to open up a 3D cards section to make it easier
for people with Voodoo , Voodoo Rush, Rendition, S3 Virge, Mystique , Riva , etc... to find native patches for their cards or
at least Direct3D support which initially might have been left out of a released game.
Today will probably mark a new record in the history of my site. If i counted
right , i'm going to add about 200MB on files on this single day.
So bear with me that this update looks very messy, but i wanted to have
the files listed before i have to leave for classes in the morning.
I'll clean it up and organize it tonight.
WARNING!!! Most of these patches are BIG.
added Bleifuss Fun3DFX update , version 2 for german release339K This is for the german release of Ignition.
added Comancheversion M3H330K for Comanche CD or Comanche Maximum Overkill only.
...quite a few other patches went obsolete and space @ cdrom.com is running low again *sigh*
changes november, 22nd
added Extreme Assaultupgrade 1.2 to 1.21428K This patch seems to be multilanguage since the patches available at
bluebyte.com & bluebyte.de for the US and german version seem to be exactly the
same. I'll list them as one patch until further notification.
- fixes Network error in which cannon towers appeared instead of the
added Front Page Sports: Football Pro '98 version 1.04 1171K Well, this patch is a bit odd. The included readme says it is 1.04, while
the filename they choose suggest it's a beta and
Sierra's website still lists 1.02 as being the latest version. Again i need
someone to verify this.
added Quake mission pack #2OpenGL upgrade for UK release2078K This patch requires GLQuake already installed and will only work if you got the european
distribution. The previously added patch was only for the US release and will fail to update a european copy.
To determine which version you need, press the ~ key. This will pull down the console.
If your console has no text on it, you need the US patch.
added Space Marinesversion 28th february 1996274K Just to clarify things: Filedates are from 28th february 1996 , so only if your smarines.exe is older than that, you might need
added Fun Tracks Voodoo upgrade334K This is the french release of Ignition.
added Ignition Voodoo upgrade334K
added Madden NFL Football '98 version 1.12390K
added Magic: The Gathering - Spells of the Ancientsversion 2.151170K - Black Vise and The Rack no longer do double damage.
- Cards such as Zombie Master no longer give their effect when only in
the spell chain.
- Kismet properly lets you target either player.
- Several artifacts with continuous effects disable when tapped. These
include Howling Mine, Soul Net and others.
- Fast effects response is no longer allowed for the activation of Black
- City of Brass no longer orphans its one point of damage upon
- Contract from Below allows user to select order in which cards in hand
- Fastbond properly handles more than one Fastbond in play. Fastbond
also now recognizes lands being put into play by means other than
being placed from the hand (Untamed Wilds).
- Nevinyyral's Disk no longer taps if you cancel activation.
- Argothian Pixies and Argothian Treefolk are no longer immune to some
instances of direct damage.
- Disenchanting an Animate Artifact that was cast on an artifact
creature no longer removes the creature state from the artifact
- Farmstead now recognizes the additional cost imposed by Gloom.
- Serendib Djinn is correctly now a flying creature.
added Panzer General II version 1.1 of UK release 1266K
added Panzer General 3D version 1.1 of german release 1296K
I started putting new artwork onto my pages. The conversion will take quite
some time since the guy who is doing the artwork and me are discussing
heavily about each single piece and we also want to have a banner logo ready
for people who want to provide links. So maybe in december or later I will
be done with it.
Also i'm getting more and more into a counter frenzy. So don't worry if I
add a few more counters on my main page - they will eventually get removed
over time. So far the best i've found is Nedstat, closely followed by
Webtracker - if all you are interested in statistics. If you want ratings
and "compete" in a chart, go for Webside Story.
Here are the Links:
added beta 5 of GLHexen II for Rendition Verite339K
added beta 1 of Total Annilation upgrade 1.0 to 1.2 953K
added beta 1 of Total Annilation upgrade 1.1 to 1.2 914K
changes november, 13th
My disk at cdrom.com is still full... :(
added Great Battles of Alexander version 1.1 of german release610K
added iF-22 Raptor version 3.3 of german release971K
changes november, 12th
Well, the diskdrive hosting - among others - my Dresden archive at
cdrom.com is full again, so i will have to wait for them to clean up
space for me. Besides - NEVER USE STATIC LINKS in your list for a site!
ftp.cdrom.com:/.12/dresden/games/patches might lead you to nowhere
by tomorrow while ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/dresden/games/patches will always
lead you to the exact location. :)
New entries today are only on my incoming drive here in Dresden and
will only show up on this page until i was able to upload them to
added Sid Meier's Gettysburg patch #2 443K This patch is multilingual and supports french, german & english versions.
changes november, 11th
I added support for downloading patch descriptions if available on-site.
Just click on a patch link in the download area and if a description file
is available it will offer you to download and read it first in the download
box. Well, this has been available for a few days now, but since a few people
asked for it, I thought it was time to announce it anyway. 8^)
added Chasm: The Rift version 1.03227K adds better mouse control
added East Front version 1.011305K read for information about fixes this description
added Demonworld version 1.1 (german release)1146K
added Great Battles of Alexander version 1.1 997K fixes in this patch - Game play speed is improved
- undo button has been added
- In Pelium, the Danubians will no longer disappear if they cross the river
- If Alexander is killed, the Running Commentary Window will no longer
say someone will replace him
- The Intro will not play if it has been deselected
- A saved game feature has been added to multiplayer
- In multiplayer games, only the server needs to have a CD
- The rout levels are now adjustable in multiplayer
- You may reassign leaders after someone drops out of a multiplayer game
- You may now view the battlefield at the end of a game
added SWIV 3DDirect3D upgrade 1.0849K Note that this is an unsupported patch, like GLQuake from iD Software.
The patch was successfully tested on the following cards:
3DFX Voodoo e.g. Orchid Righteous 3D, Diamond Monster 3D
3DFX Voodoo Rush
Rendition Verite 1000 e.g. Creative 3D Blaster PCI
Matrox e.g. Matrox Mystique, Mystique2
PowerVR 2 (PCX2) e.g. Matrox M3D
Permedia 2 e.g. Creative Graphics Blaster Exxtreme
S3 Virge VX
changes november, 7th
added Anstoss II version 1.40 (german only)2557K
added Battlecruiser 3000 AD upgrade 1.00 to 1.01d rev.7C (UK release) 5821K This patch renders the previous patch orgy 1.00-1.01d r6->1.01d r6A->1.01d r7 ->1.01d r7A ->1.01d r7B->1.01d r7C
added Battlecruiser 3000 AD upgrade 1.00 to 1.01d rev.7C (US release) 6172K
added fixed Emperor of the Fading Suns version 1.30 409K The version at the developers site seems to be missing files, while the
one at Segasoft was reported as having those missing files and seems to
be more stable. So i replaced it.
added L.E.D. Warspatch #2217K requires patch #1
fixes the following: - Build multiple units at the same time in the same building
- Unit AI is now much more reactive
- added help file
- You can adjust the growth rate of the Led Plants
added Total Annilation upgrade 1.00 to 1.1 584K
added Total Annilation upgrade 1.1 beta 2 to 1.1 310K
fixed since 1.09: * Deathmatch client crashing due after 50 or so teleports in a given game or
when the client first attempts to join (commonly referred to as the
* Saved games from 1.03 loaded into 1.09 and 1.10 will now display world
* Necromancer Drain no longer possible with friendly fire turned off
* Frozen rats no longer cause damage
* You no longer get experience points for killing your own summoned imp
* Crusaders hammer no longer appears to hit itself
* Ice Staff powered up with the Tome of Power is fixed
* Spawning in sideways autocorrects more quickly
* French Strings.txt document updated
* Balista AI removed in deathmatch map Demo2
changes october, 28th
added Battlecruiser 3000 AD upgrade 1.01D rev.6A to 1.01D rev.7399K
added Battlecruiser 3000 AD upgrade 1.01D rev.7 to 1.01D rev.7A34K
added Jetfighter III update #2 6084K This patch adds even more 3DFX features (compared to previous
alpha/beta 3DFX patches) and adds support for a few more sound/video devices.
Bugfixes have been done as well - of course.
...removed previous Jetfighter III patches.
changes october, 27th
added Bleifuss Funversion 6.56324K This is the german version of Ignition.
added Funtracksversion 6.56324K This is either the european or most likely the US release of Ignition.
Someone please enlighten me on the matter.
readded Flying Corpsversion 1.11a2039K Regarding this patch:
It seems Rowan should check their infotexts from time to time. You really
need version 1.11a to upgrade to version 1.11p.
Thanks to Paul Leonard for notifying me.
added Magic: The Gathering - Spells of the Ancients version 2.11158K new:
Black Vise and The Rack no longer do double damage.
Cards such as Zombie Master no longer give their effect when only
in the spell chain.
Kismet properly lets you target either player.
Several artifacts with continuous effects disable when tapped.
These include Howling Mine, Soul Net and others.
Fast effects response is no longer allowed for the activation of
City of Brass no longer orphans its one point of damage upon
Contract from Below allows user to select order in which cards in
hand are discarded.
Fastbond properly handles more than one Fastbond in play.
Fastbond also now recognizes lands being put into play by means
other than being placed from the hand (Untamed Wilds).
Nevinyyral's Disk no longer taps if you cancel activation.
Argothian Pixies and Argothian Treefolk are no longer immune to
some instances of direct damage.
Disenchanting an Animate Artifact that was cast on an artifact
creature no longer removes the creature state from the artifact
Farmstead now recognizes the additional cost imposed by Gloom.
Serendib Djinn is correctly now a flying creature.
...removed all Carmageddon beta updates.
changes october, 24th
added Earth 2140 (german)soundfix974K Only required if after installing version 1.24 or later causes sound
hangups during gameplay & intro.
added Flying Corps (Dawn Patrol II) version 1.11p 3162K - replaces fc_111c.zip
This patch adds multiplayer support and exterminates some creepy
8 legged bugs that may be in the game.
Note: Adrenaline Vault mentions that you need to download patch 1.11a
first in order to upgrade to 1.11p, but the readme inside the game
says different. Since i don't own the game i cannot tell for sure,
but i'll have to trust Rowan software's ability to write readme's.
In case you need 1.11a, visit Adrenaline Vault and let me know.
added Outpost IIscenario pack 1374K adds 3 new scenarios:
- Peacekeeper (two players, Last One Standing)
- La Corrida (four players, Last One Standing)
- Pie Chart (six players, Last One Standing)
- In the Allied Siege (6 player) map, starting locations are
more spread out with 2-4 players.
- In mission 12 of the Eden Campaign, a small modification
allows the mission to run much longer without exhausting
- the program, OUTPOST2.EXE, has been improved to work better
when there are more than 256 buildings on the map.
- Switching between SIGS and Outpost 2 has also been improved
added POD Voodoo Rush & game service upgrade2489K
added Postalpatch #1445K from Postal website:
If you would like to have joystick support while playing Postal, download
It also fixes a Direct X bug that would cause dialog
boxes to appear behind the Postal window so that it looked like you
couldn't save the game.
If your computer does not have a sound card, you will
need to download this patch.
Also download this patch if you get any errors saying your sound card
does not support 16 bit sound.
added Sid Meier's Gettysburg patch #1 419K from readme.txt:
Multiplayer TCP/IP performance has been greatly improved. Some of you
bold souls may have noticed game hangups with anything more than 2
players. This patch addresses that problem. However, doing so required
that we change the protocols somewhat which means all players in a
game will need to have upgraded with this patch.
There is now an option in the Preferences to do full redraws on
Misc. bug fixes that you'll hopefully never know were there.
added Pazifik Admiralversion 1.1203K FIXES:
- After losing the 4th scenario in the American campaign, the victory ending has been fixed to go to
the loss screen.
- During the opponent's turn, you could see his prestige and he can see yours has been fixed to not
display your opponent's prestige.
- If you enter an incorrect password for an e-mail game, the correct password is not displayed.
- If you level bomb a Japanese air defense after they have no ammo, they ended up with 255 ammo
has been fixed to stay a zero.
- The map in the beginning of the deployment does not match the strategic map has been fixed so
the two maps to match.
- Glossary entry for PzIVH is now the correct unit, PzIVJ.
- The Philippines date is correct. The scenario name has been changed. Originally, Leyte Gulf was
going to be a naval scenario. Philippines 44 was going to include Leyte Island which was invaded
at the end of '44 and Luzon which was invaded in Jan.45. The scenario names were made on this
- Iwo Jima's and South Pacific's latitude has been changed to a more tropical climate to prevent
- In Burma and Persia, the map types been redefined to allow placement of ships.
- Tokyo has been rebuilt to not allow movement of ships into the city.
- Missing PDF file has be provided.
- The victory conditions are a bit confusing. As soon as a marginal victory condition is reached, the
play stops. Even if only on turn #10 or 15. Some scenario numbers were set too low and have
- been increased.
- After the scenario ends in campaign play, a dialog box appears asking if you want to save.
- Units on the Strategic Map are dimmed to denote no movement points remaining.
- When upgrading, experience stars are placed on the right side of the unit icon in the army list.
- Left clicking on the weather animation will bring up a dialog box with the weather information.
Only possible if no units are active.
- Experience stars for air units are displayed on the right side of the unit icon when displaying unit
statistics via the carrier box.
- Marine air units are now carrier operable.
added X-Wing versus TIE-Fighterversion 1.1.41496K - replaces xvt_3d.zip
This patch speeds up the game, most noticeably on Voodoo Rush.
It's for 3D cards only, and most likely will properly work only on
Voodoo/Voodoo Rush based cards.
added EA Sports Cricket '97 Ashes Tour Edition version 2.0 410K This patch is for australian release only.
added Extreme Assaultversion 1.2488K This patch is for US (and probably UK) release only.
It adds support for Voodoo Rush.
added F-16 Fighting Falcon version 1.2 for DOS694K This patch is for UK release only.
- Frame rate increase of approximately 15% to 20%!
- Feature-rich "check six" view implemented.
added F-16 Fighting Falcon version 1.2 for DOS694K This patch is for US release only.
added F-16 Fighting Falcon version 1.2 for Windows 95723K This patch is for UK release only.
added F-16 Fighting Falcon version 1.2 for Windows 95723K This patch is for US release only.
added NFL Legends Football '98version 1.2293K - In-play fatigue for ball carriers tied to their END rating. Eliminates big
playproblem as it existed previously.
- Accelerated Play Clock function and CPU play clock AI upgrade reduces # of
plays runto a more realistic level when game length is set to 10 & 15 minute
- Multi-week injuries are more likely to occur. As are injuries to defensive
- Fumbles are more likely to occur. Based on a ball carrier's FUM rating.
- Opening day, updated rosters.
added Quakeversion 1.08205K Because this patch only replaces quake.exe, it'll most likely require version
1.06 or 1.07 of Quake already installed!
added WAR, Inc.version 1.1a513K - The player and AI may no longer air-drop structure materials onto each
- A drop to Windows caused by playing from the CD is now fixed. (It
manifest as starting the quickstart each time the game is run, then
dropping out to the desktop.)
- Auto weapon switching while attacking a building will now work. In the
release version, auto weapon switching wouldn't change weapons when a
unit ran out of ammo while attacking a building.
- A loaded transport helicopter is no longer treated as a ground vehicle
while moving. Previously, it couldn't cross water (on the tactical
map.) It will, however still be treated like ground vehicle when not
- Player will now get the appropriate animation when losing a campaign.
- Missions past the fifteenth will now have MUCH better compensation,
allowing auto-finance to research through the entire technology tree.
- A crash to the desktop on "Afghan Blanket" caused by flying a scout
helicopter to the South East corner of the nearest objective map has
- A numeric indication that a group selection has been successfully made
has been added.
- A movement error which caused a crash on the tactical map has been
...removed some obsolete patches.
A few patch descriptions have been copied from Adrenaline Vault.
changes october, 16th
added Warlords III version 1.01 1232K This patch is for the US release of the game only so far.
- Improved multiplayer game play including better performance, decreased
number of resyncs, and more stable game play with Direct X 5.0
- Fixed a few bugs in the side selection screen
- Vectoring can now be turned off or changed from 2 to 5 turns
- See Readme for additional changes
SSG suggests to upgrade to DirectX 5.0a anyway.
...all older patches for BC3K AD have been removed
changes october, 13th
added amazon clearing bugfix for Ecstatica II234K This patch is for Win95 only and meant only for the UK/US release.
It should fix that players get stuck in the amazon clearing.
added installation fix for Flight Simulator '982880K This patch fixes a bug in setup.exe which would tell you that the game requires
4096MB to install. Also DirectPlay 5.0a is included.
For the US release only.
added Flying Corps version 1.11c4660K - replaces fc_111up.zip
added Ignitionversion 6.56320K This patch makes the game more stable. No other information available.
added Links LS '98 1.30 to 1.32 1515K Fixes since 1.30:
- Lockup in 4 player alternate shot with topview open
- Occasional lockup upon game exit
- Sporadically choppy golfer introduced in 1.3
- Occasional crash due to bad pointer to animation
- Game would hang on exit from Internet game on error dialog
added Links LS '98 version 1.32 5249K - replaces lnk98_13.zip
changes october, 11th
added Archimedean Dynasty3dfx upgrade1267K This patch requires version 1.120 installed and will add support for Voodoo
and Voodoo Rush based cards.
added Schleichfahrt (german release)3dfx upgrade1267K This patch requires version 1.120 installed and will add support for Voodoo
and Voodoo Rush based cards. It's for the german release only.
added beta 2 of Total Annilation 1.0 to 1.1516K This patch will only upgrade nonpatched 1.0 installations.
added beta 2 of Total Annilation version 1.1200K This patch will only upgrade version 1.1 beta 1 installations.
added a fix for Spaceward Ho! 4.01212K This patch fixes the often experienced "debug assertion error," decreases the size of
the executable, and handles a number of minor userinterface problems.
added a beta of Total Annilation version 1.01512K
...and removed obsolete patches for Enemy Nations & iF-22 Raptor.
changes october, 6th
added ConstructorDos to Win95 native converter896K This patch is for the european releases only - except the italian version, which will
have a separate patch. All it seems to accomplish is to convert the DOS version into
a Windows 95 native one. There seem to be no bugfixes at all. I'll look further if
i can find any more information about the patch.
added No Respectversion 1.1790K This patch among minor bugfixes, changes the following things:
- The 'Blue eyes' secondary plasma weapon has been made less powerfull to avoid
the 'Vendetta' vehicle having too much of an advantage with respect to others.
- The 'Firewall' high explosive missile now launches much faster , giving the player
more control over it.
- Teleports are now less sensitive regarding the position of the vehicle.
changes october, 5th
added Hexen II version 1.09a 2726K - replaces ph2v109.zip
added a beta of Hexen II Rendition port 274K This one requires Hexen II v1.09 or later and probably newer drivers as well.
added MotoRacer Polygon version 779K This version should speedup the game if you have a 3D card with at least 4MB RAM.
added Links for OS/2 1.1 [617K] - replaces lnkfk1b.zip
changes september, 23rd
Until a replacement for the defective drive hosting our games archive has
been found and installed ftp.cdrom.com will host The Patches Scrolls .
This might lead to faster downloads for non-europeans, but hopefully not
a major slowdown for us euros.
added Birtright for DOS 220.127.116.11[1176K] - replaces brdospt.zip
added Birthright for Windows95 18.104.22.168[1109K] - replaces brwn95pt.zip
added a beta of Front Page Sports: Baseball '98 1.1[301K]
added Links LS 98 1.3[5247K] - replaces update12.zip
changes september, 17th
I'm finally back from ECTS and visiting Games Domain's headquaters in Great
Britain. It was really exhausting, but also much fun. I even got a picture
together with Lara Croft, i'll scan it eventually and put it on the website
along with a forthcoming ECTS overview - but this isn't decided yet. It
depends on wether i have enough time to compile it or not.
But back to news:
added Achtung Spitfire! 1.11[99K]
added Anstoss II 1.20 (german release)[1080K] - replaces gamepat.zip
added another fix for Lords of the Realm II Siege Addon Pack [530K] - replaces lotr2sg1.zip
changes august, 15th
Links to Macintosh and Amiga patches won't work for some days on ftp.cdrom.com
while we work on relocating stuff there. So for now you can only get new
patches for these machines @ Dresden. If there are any other incorrect links,
please mail me. I have soo much changes to do for the "new" site i might
have overlooked quite a few things. Oh , and an major update to the companies pageIS forthcoming soon.
added a beta Carmageddon for 3DFX upgrade (german release) [749K]
added a beta Carmageddon for 3DFX upgrade (US release) [735K]
added beta 2 of F/A-18 Hornet 3.0 to 3.01[3011K] - replaces f18_301b.zip
added Imperium Galactica 1.2[492K]
added a beta Interstate '76 1.08b1 (3D card patch) [4771K]
added a beta Mercenaries 1.08b1 [8813K] - replaces md3d108.zip
changes august, 6th
A quick update on what is going on:
The new drive is online and operational. I might have to replace it soon
since this one seems to have far too many bad sectors for my likening, but
it works for now. The entire games area has been moved and most mirrors
have incorporated that change already. I still need to do some fixes in
my html scripts, but for now they seem to work. Some minor tweaks here and
there, fixing of some broken links - all in all it shouldn't take very much
Here are (most) of the new files:
We're almost out of diskspace, so i hope i can add the new diskdrive soon.
Unless this happens REALLY soon i'll be forced to leave things in incoming
and new things won't be added unless they replace older patches.
I'm currently busy with exams for the next two weeks and also down to 24Kb
free diskspace (the patches currently occupy about 715MB - just for the
record) so new additions won't be moved very fast due to these two
limitations. Sometimes i wish 3dfx wouldn't be soo popular right now. The
amount of 3dfx-related patches is frightening large :) So if you haven't
bought one yet - go out and get it NOW.
added a beta patch for Over the Reich 1.01 to 1.1 [406K] There seems to be a leaked beta of a 3DFX patch for Interstate '76 out on the 'net.
I appreciate it that you uploaded it into my incoming area - whoever you are - but i
had remove the file and will not carry any beta until released by Activision
to the public. I most certainly cannot afford a lawsuit for distributing and
carrying pirated software.
added Tigers on the Prowl II 2.06 [838K] - replaces top_204.zip
changes june, 21st
The new harddisk is still not operational and online as we are having
quite a lot of technical difficulties as of recently as many of you might have
noticied when their attempts to connect to my page failed during this week.
I'm sorry but there is nothing i could do to solve this. One of our main
routers has a tendency to loose all connections during the night and needs
a manual reboot - or so it seems...
I opened a new area for customizations to games made by fans. Things like
all those NBA Live! roster patches will be added there. Go and have a first look. They will be
marked here with usermade.
added beta 5 of Emperor of the Fading Suns 1.3 [354K]
added patches for Blood from 1.00 to 1.01:
for censored (aka bloodless) version [132K] for registered version [1971K] for retail shareware CD [389K] for shareware version[393K]
The last known (to me) bug in my new design is fixed. I'll probably move everything tomorrow so if you linked anything else beside my homepage these links will most likely become invalid soon. The mirrorpage @ cdrom.com will feature a modified version until i found out how and if i can use
their local cgiwrapper.
A big apology to those people i promised a link to their page in the last 4-8 weeks but failed to do so until now but coding the new scripts was really timeconsuming and university live is consuming most of my time lately.
New download design beta 4 (looks final) finished! Check the new webdesign
out and tell me if it needs some final fixes i may have overlooked. No comment
on the graphics please - i know i need replacements and am awaiting them... :)
added Age of Rifles 1.0 to 1.4:
disk 1[1377K] - replaces aor1_3a.zip
disk 2[802K] - replaces aor1_3b.zip
The scripts for the new page outfit are almost done. I apologize if i'm getting
a bit sloppy on other matters - like updating the companies page and adding
site links, but i want this to be done first. And having a few spare time jobs
plus classes at university doesn't help either to get me more time for my hobby.
On a related note: the "weekly" newsletter i post on Usenet will reappear this weekend.
Our lab was closed the last few days for hardware upgrades so i never had the
neccessary time to compile a new issue in the last 2 weeks.
I installed a new download page today - call it beta 2 if you want to.
This design will with minor changes soon be implemented for all areas.
By the way...i'm still looking for someone who can provide me some graphics for the pages.
changes march, 21st
added Age of Sails 1.04 (UK-release) [179K] - replaces aos102uk.zip